Position: Door Installer - Great for summer students!
Accountable to: Operations
Directive:The Door Installer is responsible for delivering unparalleled customer service through installing and servicing the Phantom Screen door product line. They will do so in a way that upholds our dedication to providing customers with outstanding customer service and quality craftsmanship.
Solaris is the exclusive distributor of Phantom Screen products in Northern Alberta; we also offer various other high end outdoor living products. We are an established growing company in the Edmonton area and our main focus is maintaining a positive experience for our customers. Our company mission is: "To be a company dedicated to providing our customers with a lifestyle and an experience, not just a product. We enrich the lives of our customers by bringing the "wow" to their indoor and outdoor living experiences; in return our customers become out biggest promoter." Solaris is looking for a detail oriented individual that takes pride in their work to join our team. This is a great position for summer students looking for work from beginning May to the end of August.
- Upholding our corporate culture and values during their day-to-day work
- Maintaining our dedication to unparalleled customer service
- Suggesting workflow efficiencies and work place improvements
- Ensuring equipment, stationary, and tools are maintained and treated with a high level of respect
- Assist in creating company initiatives to help ensure product installs are as efficient and professional as possible
- Learning, understanding, and installing the Phantom screen door product line and other products as directed by management
- Following work schedules and ensuring installs are done to the highest standard and completed within the time allotted
- Upholding quality control standards
- Upholding customer service expectations on site
- Completing post-installation paperwork, service paperwork, and invoicing paperwork in an accurate and timely fashion
- Clearly communicating to customer and office staff regarding project details
- Working hard, efficient and fast
- Organizing, cleaning, and stocking door vans on a day-to-day basis
- Installing and servicing screen doors and adhering to predetermined schedules
- Assist in maintaining a clean shop environment
- Collecting payment after screen door installation or service
- Any additional tasks as per management
- Honesty and Integrity
- Improvement, Growth and Progress
- Detail oriented
- Friendly nature (bonds well with customers)
- Effective written and oral communication in English
- Attention to detail
- Has valid class 5 drivers license with clean two-year drivers abstract
- Work well independently or as part of a team
- Enthusiasm for working outdoors, rain or shine
- Has passion about their job and quality of work
- Does not have a criminal record
- Previous building and/or construction experience
- experience with power tools is mandatory
- Must know how to read, write, add and subtract imperial fractions on a tape measure
- Previous installation experience will be an asset
- Starting base pay according to piecework schedules
- One week of paid holiday time per year
- Standard schedule for this position is Monday to Friday 08:00am to 04:30pm with a ½ hour unpaid lunch break.
- As this position is paid by piecework; overtime rules do NOT apply. Your pay will be determined by how much product you can install per day NOThow many hours worked.