If you would like to apply for one of the positions listed please select the job title and you can submit your cover letter and resume. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position: Door Installer - Great for summer students!
Accountable to: Operations
Directive:The Door Installer is responsible for delivering unparalleled customer service through installing and servicing the Phantom Screen door product line. They will do so in a way that upholds our dedication to providing customers with outstanding customer service and quality craftsmanship.
Solaris is the exclusive distributor of Phantom Screen products in Northern Alberta; we also offer various other high end outdoor living products. We are an established growing company in the Edmonton area and our main focus is maintaining a positive experience for our customers. Our company mission is: "To be a company dedicated to providing our customers with a lifestyle and an experience, not just a product. We enrich the lives of our customers by bringing the "wow" to their indoor and outdoor living experiences; in return our customers become out biggest promoter." Solaris is looking for a detail oriented individual that takes pride in their work to join our team. This is a great position for summer students looking for work from beginning May to the end of August.
- Upholding our corporate culture and values during their day-to-day work
- Maintaining our dedication to unparalleled customer service
- Suggesting workflow efficiencies and workplace improvements
- Ensuring equipment, stationery, and tools are maintained and treated with a high level of respect
- Assist in creating company initiatives to help ensure product installs are as efficient and professional as possible
- Learning, understanding, and installing the Phantom screen door product line and other products as directed by management
- Following work schedules and ensuring installs are done to the highest standard and completed within the time allotted
- Upholding quality control standards
- Upholding customer service expectations on site
- Completing post-installation paperwork, service paperwork, and invoicing paperwork in an accurate and timely fashion
- Clearly communicating to customer and office staff regarding project details
- Working hard, efficient and fast
- Organizing, cleaning, and stocking door vans on a day-to-day basis
- Installing and servicing screen doors and adhering to predetermined schedules
- Assist in maintaining a clean shop environment
- Collecting payment after screen door installation or service
- Any additional tasks as per management
- Honesty and Integrity
- Improvement, Growth and Progress
- Detail oriented
- Friendly nature (bonds well with customers)
- Effective written and oral communication in English
- Attention to detail
- Has valid class 5 drivers license with clean two-year drivers abstract
- Work well independently or as part of a team
- Enthusiasm for working outdoors, rain or shine
- Has passion about their job and quality of work
- Does not have a criminal record
- Previous building and/or construction experience
- experience with power tools is mandatory
- Must know how to read, write, add and subtract imperial fractions on a tape measure
- Previous installation experience will be an asset
- Starting base pay according to piecework schedules
- One week of paid holiday time per year
- Standard schedule for this position is Monday to Friday 08:00am to 04:30pm with a ½ hour unpaid lunch break.
- As this position is paid by piecework; overtime rules do NOT apply. Your pay will be determined by how much product you can install per day NOT how many hours worked.
Solaris is a screen and shade solution provider in Edmonton and is the exclusive distributor for Phantom Screens in Northern Alberta. Our main focus is maintaining a positive experience for our customers, from the initial interaction to the final payment. Our vision is: “To be a company dedicated to providing our customers with a lifestyle and an experience, not just a product. We enrich the lives of our customers by bringing the “wow” to their indoor and outdoor living experiences and in return our customers become our best promoters.”
We are currently seeking students to fill a seasonal sales rep position, so we can continue to give our customers an excellent experience as we maintain our steady growth and establishment in the community. Being able to work occasional Saturdays a requirement.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- A love of working directly with customers on the phone, via email, and in our show room
- Above average organizational, and time management skills
- Intermediate to advanced typing skills
- Proficient in the use of computer programs such as (MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in the use of internet and cloud computing
- Must be well-spoken and fluent in English
- Capable of working on a team and independently
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative on tasks
- Experience working with CRM software and other cloud based solutions as well as Quickbooks experience would be an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Has technical experience and can understand product capabilities
- Ability to multi-task
You will be responsible for growing our sales through sales techniques; this position will focus the majority of their attention on one product line.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls/emails
- Understanding the customer needs and requirements
- Closing sales and achieving monthly and annual sales targets
- Assist in qualifying opportunities and routing leads to other sales reps for further development and closure
- Assist in conducting research for sales and marketing plans as directed by management
- Completing administrative tasks, scanning, filing, taking meeting minutes and preparing general correspondences
- Scheduling existing orders and preparing daily paperwork for install crew
- Assist as directed in maintaining the integrity and organization of our cloud based CRM and corporate information systems
- Providing additional administrative support in our off-season as directed by management
- Assist with product orders from our vendors
- Assist with scheduling employees and contractors
- Building and maintaining effective working relationship with others
- Participate in weekly team duties and maintaining a professional work environment
- Research accounts, identify key players and develop new relationships
- Other tasks as assigned by management
Terms of Employment: Seasonal, Full Time, Day
To learn more about our company and the products we sell, please visit us at www.solariscanada.com. If you are interested in this position, please send us your resume via email at landon @solariscanada.com
Please be sure to note in the email subject which job you are applying for as we have a few openings right now.
We look forward to hearing from you!